lundi 21 septembre 2015

Roamia OTA stutters on "live", but not rewound or recorded

I posted this in the help section two days ago but did not get a single response, so I'm reposting here where the Roamio experts hang out.

I've had a new Roamio OTA for a few weeks now and just started noticing this behavior on Tuesday. When watching an OTA channel (36-1) live, there is a very minor video and more noticeable audio stutter from time to time. It's slight, but on occasion you hear a syllable repeated, or on a segment with a distinct musical beat, the beat becomes irregular. If you watch a golf putt, the ball does not move smoothly. If I rewind 10 seconds and replay a stuttering section, the audio and video are fine. I do not see the symptoms on recordings.

I can see/hear this on both HDMI and composite outputs on two different TVs.

So far I have only noticed this on one channel, but that is the channel I watch most consistently for live news. It has a signal strength of 72 (max for the OTA apparently) and SNR of 29, no errors, pretty much the same as all my local channels. I did watch all other networks this weekend and did not see the same issue on any of them.

I upgraded the drive last Friday to a 2TB EURX model, but did not see the symptoms until Tuesday. I sure hope it's not the drive if I end up needing to return this for warranty work.

Motherboard temperature (39) seems to be in the normal range that people report.

I can work around the problem by always watching the channel a few seconds delayed, but that's not really ideal.

Any ideas? I don't know enough about Roamio internals to make an intelligent guess, but it seems like somehow the direct path from OTA signal to Roamio output is different than the path to the video buffer, so errors pass through one path but not the other.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire