mercredi 23 septembre 2015

Roamio Pro not recording program for lack of space.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading.

I have owned at least one TiVo since 2003. I have had series 2, 3, Premieres and in March of this year I purchased my new Roamio Pro with 6 tuners and a 3TB drive. I currently run two series 3 HD, a Premiere and the Roamio. The problem I had is with the Roamio and I have NEVER seen it with any other unit that I have owned.

Just the other day my Roamio was scheduled to record several programs during the evening but when I looked for one of them the following day I noted that it did not show up in the My Shows screen. I went to the History listing and saw that it had not recorded and the reason was listed was "Limit Reached". I looked at the TODO list and saw that another program several days in the future was listed not to be recorded and the reason listed was that there was not enough space.

I have 25 season passes setup on the Roamio and I will often setup manual recordings. The My Shows indicates that I am using about 3% to 5% of the available space. In my TODO listing I do not show any time frame in which I have more than 4 programs scheduled to record. All my Season Pass programs are setup to keep all programs and keep until I delete. In Settings it showed that I had total space for 476 hours of HD and I had 458 hours of available space.

I went into my deleted items folder saw that I had 468 programs dated back as far June. So all the programs from March through June had been permanently deleted when their space was needed for new recordings which is the way things should work. As a test I deleted several programs from the deleted items folder and then went back to the TODO list and now the show that had been listed as not being recorded had changed and it was listed correctly.

I called TiVo support and they were unable to tell why this happened. Has anyone else seen this and if so were you able to fix the problem.
As and additional question, does anyone know a way to delete items in bulk from the recently deleted programs folder. Doing 468 programs one at a time was miserable!!!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire