samedi 19 septembre 2015

Roamio OTA stutters on "live", not on rewind or recorded

I've had a new Roamio OTA for a few weeks now and just started seeing this behavior on Tuesday. When watching an OTA channel live, there is a very minor video and more noticeable audio stutter from time to time. It's slight, but on occasion you hear a syllable repeated, or on a segment with a distinct musical beat, the beat becomes irregular. If I rewind 10 seconds and replay a stuttering section, the audio and video are fine. I do not see the symptoms on recordings.

So far I have only noticed this on one channel, but that is the channel I watch most consistently for live news. It has a signal strength of 72 (max for the OTA apparently) and SNR of 29, no errors, pretty much the same as all my local channels.

I upgraded the drive last Friday to a 2TB EURX model, but did not see the symptoms until Tuesday.

Motherboard temperature (39) seems to be in the normal range that people report.

I can work around the problem by always watching channels a few seconds delayed, but that's not really ideal.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should mention that I can see/hear this on both HDMI and composite outputs on two different TVs


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire