mardi 22 septembre 2015

Tivo Series 3 (not HD) hard drive failure

I have a Tivo Series 3 (not HD) purchased in February 2003. I upgraded the hard drive to 750GB and have had very good luck up to this point. Twelve years later it seems that the hard drive is finally failing. The Tivo freezes and even when I pull the plug and force a reboot, it restarts but immediately freezes again.

I just purchased a 2 TB WD AV-GP WD20EURX from Amazon and hope to replace the old drive.

Since my last upgrade, there seem to be more upgrade choices. I am comfortable using either linux based MFSLive or WinMFS, but am not sure which would be more appropriate for what I am trying to accomplish. What is confounding my decision even more is that it seems mfslive.org is down, so downloading those files and accessing those forums are difficult/impossible.

I would prefer to try to keep my recordings and cable card serial numbers if possible, so I prefer to clone my failing drive. But if necessary, I still have my backup image from when I initially upgraded.

I can easily download MFSLive v1.4 and it seems that I may be able to get v2.0 off of sourceforge, but 3.2 does not appear to be available. Also I have an old version of WinMFS on my computer that I downloaded in 2008.

Which tool and version do you think would help me best achieve success?

Thank you


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire