mercredi 23 septembre 2015

TiVo Connection Failures

Beginning yesterday mid-morning, I have been unable to connect to the TiVo servers for any updates. I have not made any changes in my network, which has been operating efficiently for years. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have to offer.

My Premiere Elite (XL4) is wired via ethernet cable through a gigabit switch to my router (D-Link DIR-655). I have Earthlink DSL 3.0Mbps service using a Zyxel modem (model P-660R-D1). My connected PC is running Windows10.

Every time I try to connect, the TiVo shows a network interruption when trying to download the account status. The TCP Port connection test usually (although not always) fails. I have noted the TiVo support page which lists the outbound ports that must remain open, but my router does not filter outbound ports (only inbound) and designating the inbound ports to remain always open has had no effect.

In addition to my independent troubleshooting efforts (which included eliminating the gigabit switch to no avail and numerous system reboots), I spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday with TiVo support and they were unable to locate the issue. They claim that everything looks fine on their end and in my equipment and said that the issue must reside with my ISP. Earthlink support claims that as long as my PC is connecting properly, they cannot help. D-Link support was similarly clueless (and I am now out $33 for a "premium support" session).

The issue does not appear to reside solely in the TiVo since I am now having issues when trying (as a test) to stream video on my TV's (via wireless); however, my Sony BDP (wired via the same gigabit switch as the TiVo) can still stream Amazon Video or Vudu clips. At the same time, Xfinity OD via the TiVo does still function (I believe the XOD stream is transmitted via the coax but that the connection must first be established via ethernet) and my Android tablet can stream YouTube videos, e.g, over the wireless connection.

I have a spare D-Link DIR-850L router still in the shrink-wrap that I could use, but my hope is that there is some relatively simple fix short of scraping my current setup.

Help?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire