mercredi 23 septembre 2015

Roamio Problems & Suggestions not recording

For the last few weeks, I've had a recording that I could never get rid of. No matter of trying, rebooting would get rid of it. Was stuck. I'd come to the conclusion that I was going to have to wipe everything and restart, so Tuesday morning, I did just that. I had gotten my TiVo down to just three things I hadn't watched, so after copying them off with kmttg, I set to wiping out everything.

Before I did that, I backed up my season passes & thumbs using kmttg, so I was pretty much ready to go.

When it was finished, I went through guided setup, did the antenna scan (this is a base Roamio, and I am antenna only). The box did it's thing, and then I imported back my season passes, tweaked them (as the restore from kmttg doesn't preserve wishlist titles if it's complex), and imported the thumbs, and I thought I was good to go. Copied back the couple of programs from before too.

In the middle of the afternoon, I decided to watch one of those programs, and also picked a couple of programs to record. That's where my problems started.

1) When I finished, I went to delete a program, and it didn't delete. I hit delete from inside the program listing, and I got the TiVo blue spinny ball of death. It just sat there. I eventually got control back by using the iOS app, and telling it to watch something.

2) The program mentioned above said it was still there when I got control, but eventually disappeared when I rebooted the TiVo later on trying to get around something else.

3) A second program I tried deleting did delete when I told it to, but it took over 30 seconds for the system to respond to that and actually do anything.

4) On more than one occasion, when I went to play something, I'd hit play, and I'd be met with a black screen. There were varying lengths of time it would take before it would start playing. Anywhere from 30 seconds to over THREE FLIPPIN' MINUTES! Something is quite wrong there. Playback has always been instant and immediate on this box before, so ANY kind of delay is troubling, much less one that takes three minutes to respond.

5) I also had issues with FF/RW/Trickplay. It would work, but the response would be sluggish. Not fast and fluid like the box always was.

At first I thought "Well, maybe it's still sorting the initial data", but I've never had my Roamio box bog down like this - EVER.

I then thought "well, maybe something went wrong with my importing all those old thumbs. Maybe something went wrong when it tried to assign a thumb value to a program it doesn't know about?" So I then told it to wipe out my thumbs (which I had imported via kmttg), and did that. When it came back, I sat there for a few minutes thumbs upping everything I had a season pass for, and went a few programs I know I'll never want and thumbed down them. Just to give it a starting point.

This seemed to help a bit, as generally it is acting better, but I'm still getting delays when playing things, just not as fast.

And FINALLY, through out all of this, the box has not recorded any kind of suggestion. None. I found that quite strange, as it would record a crapload of them before. It was doing this before I wiped out the imported thumbs, and after. As I write this message, it is about 28 hours since I did the complete wipe and restart, and it hasn't recorded anything.

I triple checked, it is set to record them. I did read around a bit about TiVos not recording suggestions, and ran across this set of instructions. I did this too, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference:

1) Set TiVo to NOT record suggestions
2) Reboot box.
3) Set TiVo to record suggestions
4) Reboot box.
5) Wait 24 hours

That doesn't seem to have made any difference either. I'm a bit concerned about the problems here and why it hasn't smoothed out. OR am I being too impatient and I should wait longer?

Given I have my passes saved off, and as I write this message, there's only three episodes of things I haven't watched yet.. If I have to start over again, I will, but I'd really rather not go there if I don't have to.

For the record, this is a base Roamio box who has had its hard drive replaced with a 2TB model. Other than the HD replacement, it has not been messed with in any way (like rooting it or whatnot). I use kmttg and pyTiVo to get programs on and off it, but that shouldn't cause these kinds of problems.

Ideas? Bueller? Bueller?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire