mercredi 23 septembre 2015

New Roamio user -- HD upgrade / mini question

I recently got back into TiVos, and a re-newed Roamio and a 3 TB harddisk are arriving tomorrow.

I would like to get the Roamio online fast so I can start to record the new TV season. I was thinking of starting up the Roamio, record a couple of programs to make sure it works, and then replacing the HD. Or should I go the faster route of just popping in the new HD right off the bat?

Also, I was thinking of getting a Mini for the bedroom. However, I was wondering if a second Roamio for the bedroom would be a better solution. Would the Mini be easier in terms of watching the shows off the "main" TiVo, or would the experience be the same as the Mini?

Also, is there any use for a Roamio that doesn't have a contract? Can you use it to watch the stuff recorded on it (when it was under contract), use it to watch netflix, use it to transfer stuff from a different TiVo? It seems like there are a few Roamios on Craiglist, I was just wondering if there is a use for them out of contract.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire