jeudi 24 septembre 2015

Capturing aged-out video

I recently upgrade one of my Series 3 Tivos to a Roamio Plus. I'm still getting used to the new and very cluttered user interface, but I've noticed a functional difference that I think is important and am sorry to have lost it.

When paused while watching live TV, once the half hour buffer is full and it starts playing, it used to be possible on the Series 3 to start recording and reclaim some of the video, often the entire program, from before the buffer. With the Roamio this seems never to be possible. The recording starts at the place where the buffer starts. (The original Tivo did an even better job handling this situation, but that's long gone, alas...)

Have other people noticed this? I'd really like to see it corrected. It seems like a bug to me.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire