vendredi 18 septembre 2015

Reactivating old TCD746320 - OTA

My wife and I have used TiVo since we bought our first in early 2008. The city we lived in from 2006-2013 allowed us to use whichever DVR we wanted as long as we rented a cable card from them for $2.50 per month. In 2010 we upgraded from the Series 2 to this one and used it for 3 years

We moved in October of 2013 and the new cable company would only allows us to use their DVR, but we were lucky and moved right as they were adding TiVo, and TiVo minis as their "in house" DVRs. Due to that in 2013 we ended our contract with TiVo.

Fast forward 2 years and we have decided that the $90 per month it cost for cable, on top of internet, just isn't worth it. We cut the cord in July, and have just been using a solid indoor RCA antenna in our living room. Sitting in my recliner tonight it dawned on me that we have both our Series 2 and Series 4 Premier sitting in our basement still and can actually record the 20 some OTA channels we get for free.

TL;DR - can I run the coax from my indoor antenna to my Series 4 Premier and still get the full TiVo "experience" with the guide, recording of multiple channels, etc... by paying the $14.99 fee? OR is that not possible with the TiVo I own?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire